Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Obama and Fox news

This is what obama said about fox news on an cnbc show, “I’ve got one television station that is entirely devoted to attacking my administration…That’s a pretty big megaphone. You’d be hard pressed if you watched the entire day to find a positive story about me on that front,” However, is that not what the press is suppose to do? I'm not one for saying fox news is the greatest. In fact they failed to do their job when bush was in office. But the press is suppose to ask the tough questions and look at everything the government does with a questionable eye. And for a president to attack a whole news network seems a little odd to me. obama added this saying, "I think that actually the reason people have been generally positive about what we’ve been trying to do is people feel as if I’m available and willing to answer questions and we haven’t been trying to hide the ball.” Really? obama won't even go on the fox news, so that's really not open. Plus the press asked if they could see the visitor list of the white house, but obama said no, just like bush did. Even obama believes the press has been "generally positive" towards him. I understand that maybe he doesn't want to give any credit to fox news, so that is why he doesn't want to be on their network. But one has to stop and think for a second, bush wasn't doing a very good job so he could stand the press, because the press was all over him. so if the government doesn't like the press then that means the press must be doing something right.
I grow nervous about hos the president believes the press is "generally positive" towards him. that makes me think the press isn't doing their job.

2 comments:

  1. hello again. i have been absent for a while from this here blog. one reason is because i have been fairly busy the last couple weeks. But that more or less just an excuse. The real reason i have checked out is because i have gotten worn out by some of the destructive conversations that you have been posting recently. I have been trying to think if that is really a fair assessment of the situation because we have had some really great conversations on here as well. I think it is probably some in between.

    One of my pet peeves is when someone complains about something but then can't provide any examples and i am kind of doing that. But i think if i were to cite some examples, this post would be one. It is more an attack on obama than it is a question about the role of the media in politics. It is not a post that fosters conversation but divisiveness.

    I hope that i am not coming across too harshly. I really enjoy this blog when we can have hearty discussion, especially when we disagree.

    Signed with love and respect,

    Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are very right. I find my self sometimes so frustrated that i need a place to vent, but that isn't why this blog is here. it is to debate and not rant.
    So thanks for the check up.

    ReplyDelete